Sunday, August 19, 2012

Koi Pond

Hello Friends,

I'm joining Cathy at My 1929 Charmer for Sunday's Best Par-tay!  http://my1929charmer.com/sundays-best-44-par-tay/

Today I will be sharing my water garden and koi pond with you.  I have always loved to be around water and to hear the soothing sound of a waterfall.  Water gardens attract so much wildlife and nature, and I believe they help to restore some of God's beauty to our surroundings.  I love to have my first cup of  coffee out by the pond.  I always see something new each day, whether it's a dragonfly, butterfly, blue bird, frog, or squirrel.  Everybody wants to partay with me at my pond.
 >


This summer, I started making fairy gardens, and I thought it would be cute to make a fairy garden in a pirate's treasure chest.  So I bought this old foot locker and planted some foilage plants and added some fairies and gnomes.  They stole the pirate's treasure and this gnome is guarding it, but he's "sleeping on the job!"



.

Thanks for visiting my pond, come by any time.





6 comments:

  1. I love you pond, we have one too! We used to have Koi fish but the someone or something ate them and they are too expensive to serve for dinner. Our pump died early this year and I listened to your video and loved it, I so miss that wonderful sound of running water. I also live your pirate fairy garden, very creative. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, Thanks you so much for your visit and your compliments. You are a wonderful hostess, and I loved participating in your Parrtaay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow! Your sweet pond and the treasure chest are utterly awe-inspiring and fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vix,that really means a lot to me, since you are so creative and artistic yourself. I do enjoy my little pond and fairy gardens. I sit there and have a few cocktails on the weekend, and if the fairies start stealing my drink, I know that I've had enough.

      Delete
  4. Your pond is beautiful, Laura! My sister and brother-in-law have a koi pond also {although it is his "baby"} that reminds me of yours quite a bit. Such a relaxing and calming feature in a garden. I imagine it must be lovely to sit near it at the end of the day and unwind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kathy,

      I really do enjoy my pond. Since I got a new pump with an ultraviolet light to kill the algae, the upkeep of the pond is much easier, and the water stays clear. Thanks for your visit, stop by anytime, the fish and I will be here.

      Delete